Wednesday 24 May 2017

Be Good To Yourself...

Today has been a chilly day...one of those days where it's wet,damp and just plain cold. I don't want to complain about it too much because, well, there is nothing I can do except make the most of it. As in life!

While driving to work this morning, I had planned my entire day out as I normally do. I don't know what happened around mid day and all of a sudden, the elaborate meal planning and activities didn't appeal to me. All I wanted to do was get home and just sleep off the exhaustion of the last few weeks. I felt a sudden pang of guilt as I mentally crossed off stuff I was still finishing up. Half an hour later, I decided I would just be a little lazy, a little self indulgent and I ended up taking a 45 minute nap when I got home. The nap was exactly what I needed. Surprisingly, I had no phone calls,texts from work or elsewhere to distract me. It was meant to be.
This evening, dinner plans went to hell and I just made do with the ultimate of comfort foods- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Tomato Soup and a Salad.

The best part is I don't and didn't  feel guilty! The old me would have felt bad for hours for serving such an effortless meal to the kids. Not today! The kids were happy, bellies full and off they went in their own directions leaving me content. This is a beautiful thing- it's called being good to yourself. 
I always used to sign my posts and hand written letters with "be good to yourself" to my loved ones. I finally took my own advice!
Now onto a good cup of Lemon-Honey tea and some fluff Danielle Steele Novel to finish off the day!

Comments OFF,

-T

No comments:

Search this Blog: